Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

MEDIA TAB STILL MISSING 11/24/2023

Jump to solution

ROKU Version updated  MEDIA TAB NOT WORKING VERSION 9.9.1.9173802.48 AND STILL NOTHING! 

MEDIA TAB OR PLAY ON ROKU NOT  where is it or why is it removed ??? Casting not working and all this in time for thanksgiving !!! 11/24/2023

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Re: MEDIA TAB STILL MISSING 11/24/2023

Jump to solution

Update 12/8/2023 

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching us about this and we appreciate your feedback about this feature.

Please be advised that this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use the Airplay and Screen mirroring as a workaround.

For more information on how to use it take a look at some guided steps below.

How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming deviceHow to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with "Media tab", but  Roku started blocking 3rd party apps from using "Play on Roku" from software version 11.5.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/OS-11-5-Roku-11-5-broke-Play-on-Roku-video-pla...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Screen shot of MEDIA TAB IF ANYONE FINDS IT  PLEASE SEND TO SUPPORT TEAM SO THEY CAN FIX THIS ISSUE 

IMG_9593.png

0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

IMG_9594.png

0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

iPhone 11 Pro Max.  17.1.1

trying to get my photos from my iPhone to Roku Tv as I did last month 

then Media Tab was removed ??? FROM 
ROKU APP  this is the issue and it’s not just my iPhone   Sounds like my posts are annoying someone  well I’ll just sit back and see how long it takes 

to fix the best part of the Roku app!!

till then 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry, I thought "Media tab" might be some kind of app on its own (can you tell I don't use the Roku app).  Now I see you're speaking of the Roku app, so the link I provided doesn't apply and in fact states that "Play on Roku" should still work.  My Android app looks different than yours and I don't have a Media tab, but I couldn't say if I ever had it.  Not that it will help, but there's a section of the "community" specifically for the mobile app.  I stay out of there.  🙂

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-mobile-app/bd-p/roku-mobile-app

I hope you don't think you were annoying me.  I removed the chatbot spam.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update 12/8/2023 

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching us about this and we appreciate your feedback about this feature.

Please be advised that this option is no longer available on the Roku Mobile App. But you can still use the Airplay and Screen mirroring as a workaround.

For more information on how to use it take a look at some guided steps below.

How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming deviceHow to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

0 Kudos
Pumpwatch1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am a firm believer that if it ain’t broke!!!!!    It sure was nice while it lasted maybe we will get an answer why it was removed from the mobile app??? Till then  keep looking in the mirror!!! 

0 Kudos
Anon4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you explain this support page? How to display photos and videos on your tv...