Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rook011
Reel Rookie

Live streams from facebook will not load with Airplay

So I'm kind of baffled by my issue. I have tried this one both a 3900x(10.5 OS build) and 3920x(10.0 OS build), two separate TVs, and I can't resolve the issue. I have no issues AirPlay'ing YouTube videos or previously recorded videogame streams from Facebook, but whenever I try to AirPlay a live stream, it connects but only actually plays the stream about 5-10% of the time; otherwise I just get a continuously spinning wheel that, even after 20 minutes of waiting, will not load the live streams. I've also tried this with Twitch and it works but only if I have Twitch open on a Safari browser (neither device was showing in the Twitch app to even connect).

Thus far, I've done factory resets on the Rokus, forced updates (albeit the the 3920x says its updated with the 10.0 build even though the 3900x is 10.5, which I guess is kind of weird to me), device resets (both iPhone and Rokus), disconnect and reconnected WIFI, reset pairing devices in ApplePlay menu in the Rokus, and numerous other random things I've read in troubleshooting forums and what not. Nothing will allow me to play live streams from Facebook.

Just figured I'd throw this out there to see if anyone had any other ideas, or maybe I was missing something. Or is it just not physically possible to play live streams on Roku? I have Vizio TV that I can AirPlay to without any issues, plus 1GB internet with Frontier, so I know its not a connectivity or slow bandwidth issues.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live streams from facebook will not load with Airplay

@Rook011

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mixerpilot

You can add me to the same issue list. It worked fine for the first few month then after 2 updates ago it will not connect Facebook live to Roku anymore. I had hoped this last update would fix that but it didn’t. I did have to factory reset my Roku box after this last update. Everything was a mess. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mixerpilot,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-Facebook version: On iOS device please navigate to the Home page > Settings > Facebook > Version

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-can we request a screenshot of the TV screen

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I’m having this exact problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Behindthecamera,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue still persists, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem as well as providing requested information from above this post.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Rook011
Reel Rookie

Danny,

I was just following up on my issue. I’m now using an iPhone 13 with latest iOS and same rokus (both with most recent updates) and the issue still persists.

0 Kudos