Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunderJ
Channel Surfer

Live channel guide has been made worse, harder to use and navigate.

You now have to delete every single channel you don't want to see appear in whatever they have done to screw up the channel guide.  It no longer defaults to "Favorites," no longer changes channels in order of "Recents" or "Favorites."  Most companies improve "user friendliness"  ROKU is making it worse.

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live channel guide has been made worse, harder to use and navigate.

Hi @thunderJ,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem? May we know what the software version of your Roku device or TV is by going to settings, system, and about?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Moat
Streaming Star

I completely agree with the original poster. The channel guide used to remember our last-used category - it no longer does. If we last used "Favorites", it would always open on the program we were watching, in "Favorites". If it was "Recents", it would open in "Recents", etc.

Instead, it now always opens in "All channels" - regardless of the category we had previously selected.

TCL 43S431

Hardware ID; C133X Serial number; X00000AWK2AX

Software version; 12.5.0 • build 4176-93

Device ID; S02RT16WK2AX

GC version; 10.2.518

Tracker ID; AX-446794

The most perplexingly inane thing about this unwelcome change is that, logically, it completely invalidates the very purpose of having "Favorites" in the first place (favorites being a very welcome, useful, almost necessary feature).

Please, Roku - think about that;

As it now stands, it takes a minimum of 6 clicks to select a program from "Favorites", where it used to take only one or two.

Six clicks!  🤨  (Seven, if you want any program info to show)

So "Favorites" is now a completely useless, invalid category, as the entire reason behind it is to have quick and easy access to our favorite programs - which is sooo obviously no longer the case. Umm... duh? 🙄

For Pete's sake - please fix it

thunderJ
Channel Surfer

I have already been through that with your CS. First, I was told there would be a software update to correct it.  If there was an update it didn't correct it.  The next conversation I had with CS telling them the software update did nothing I was told there was nothing that could be done about it. This issue is on all 3 of my ROKU TV's

TLC Model 65451 Hardware ID G138X, Software version 12.5.0 build 4176-CG

TLC Model 435431 Hardware ID C133X, Software version 12.5.0 build 4176-93

RCA Model RTRU5527-B-US, Hardware ID 7815X, Software version 12.5.0 build 4176-AM

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Moat @thunderJ,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We appreciate you providing your suggestion, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.
This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuEuniceL  You appreciate their suggestion & feedback? How about getting the developers to FIX THIS???  If your goal is to make our experience the best & most convenient, and you are hearing, not just from those two, but lots of others, that the latest updates have done the very opposite, why isn't this something immediately addressed? Roku has made our experience MUCH WORSE, and FAR LESS CONVENIENT!! So if your comments are to ever be seen as at all credible, this is something requiring fixing, and ASAP... or else, what's the point, really?

jimsz
Streaming Star

The channel guide changes are terrible. Roku won't change it though because their customer service is non existent and they simply don't care about the user.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @StevenCee @jimsz.

Thanks for sharing your input. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be aware that all of the inputs that have been shared on this thread have already been acknowledged by the team. It is indeed our goal to aim for your satisfaction and convenience, which is why we highly value your feedback. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we discuss and work further regarding this matter.

Aside from this, feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address to make your streaming experience better, and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action if needed.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
jimsz
Streaming Star

carly be serious - Roku representatives keep replying with the same canned response. I would have more respect if we're roku would simply ignore the com-laints because at least then we would know Roku doesn't care instead of the games you people are playing.

i've been using Roku since the first player came out and I just ordered my first replacement. I have six Roku's, two of them TVs. As they age out they're being replaced with something else because I've had it with the idiocy and changes that make it more difficult for users but obviously provide Roku with another income stream. At least if I move to a Walmart Onn (google)I know I'm the product they're selling and can get 4K for $19 or if I moved to Apple I know I am not the product they're selling and I'm going to pay $149 for a superior experience.

thunderJ
Channel Surfer

Starting off by saying I deleted the ROKU Channel app, only because it's ROKU.  Is there a monetary reason they wouldn't care about live channel guide navigation?  Are they trying to direct us to a pay streaming TV app they get a cut from?

0 Kudos