Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwf239

Live TV Favorites doesn't do anything

On the live tv channel they have a bunch of free streaming channels. Most of them are garbage reruns but there are a few channels sprinkled out that I will watch. I was able to add them to my favorites just fine but there is nowhere to actually see a list of your favorite channels or access them more quickly so essentially the favorites function does absolutely nothing.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Local-channel-quot-favorites-quot-on-RokuTV/td-p/419037

I found the above link of someone having the same problem and I followed those steps but the "antenna tv" and "favorites" options are not there. Additionally, on the live tv guide there is a box that says "all channels" that I assume should be able to be switched to something else, but there is no way to change it.

Am I crazy or did Roku just not implement this feature properly?

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV Favorites doesn't do anything

@jwf239

Thanks for the post.

You can change the list of channels that appear in Live TV Channel Guide to show All ChannelsRecent Channels, or Favorite Channels. To switch the channel list, press the Left button on your Roku remote, followed by the Star button * and then make your selection.

For more information about Live TV, visit our Support page here: TV guide listings on Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
wwitzke551

Thank you for this question and answer Danny. Hope it works. I was in the same boat. and im an IT guy... I can usually figure things out. Why dont we have a remote option to offer a number pad? So that we can just input the channel we want. the best solution I see is to buy a voice remote for my TCL/Roku tv.

0 Kudos
tigerhawk83
Reel Rookie

When I try to filter the Roku Live TV channels, not all of my devices are showing "Favorites" as a filter option.  My Roku Express is as is my Roku TV, but my Streambar and Streaming stick+ are NOT showing this as an option.  They are also not listing all the channels either, channels 471, 473 and 474 for example, are not showing in the Live TV guide on some (but not all) of my Roku Devices.  What is the problem??

0 Kudos
tigerhawk83
Reel Rookie

I got it fixed - it was operator difficulty on my end.  How to create favorites isn't clear, and that checklist is in the same menu section as hiding channels.  What I thought was creating favorites was actually hiding channels, explaining both why I had no Favorites to filter as well as not seeing channels in the Guide. Cat Embarassed

0 Kudos
Knightwyng

This is fine if you have a Roku remote. I have the Roku Live TV app on my smart tv. There is no Roku remote with a star.  I can see the filtering field that says All Channels, but there is no way to get to it. If I navigate all the way left, I can still only scroll up and down through the channel guide. 

0 Kudos