Features, settings & updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NormanJ
Level 8

Re: Let us roll back! 9.4 broke a lot

Sorry I forgot issue ID AX-463-475  for the 3930CA  and issue ID 81-446-480 for the 3900X

EmilS
Level 8

I have Roku Ultra ser YJ00G9452563.  Output goes into an HDMI Splitter and signal sent to to 2 1080P TVs  (Samsung and LG) - never used at same time.  Has been working for 5 years with both Tivo then replaced with Roku ultra.  Problem started Saturday with the HDCP error message coming up.  Have to remove all splitter to get it to work.  Message still comes up with no splitter but much less often.  Hope that help.s

Gary8
Level 9

Check to see if your splitter is HDMI 1.4 or less. The older ones seem to strip the HDCP. It worked when I was with DirecTV, and 9.3 on my Roku 4. Haven't been able to test on 9.4 because IT DOES NOT PLAY FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR!! (found the splitter on ebay)

0 Kudos
EmilS
Level 8

Thx,  I did order new splitter yesterday just to try it.  I sill get that HCDP randomly with no splitter at all so I think the release 9.4 still has some kind of issues.  Thanks again and will test later today

0 Kudos
Gary8
Level 9

Well stated Streamer! I HAVE done beta stuff, but it was MY CHOICE. On the 'Danny' subject, maybe a robot would be better. Most, if not all posts here, leave a pretty good description of the issue(s) suffered, as well as the device model. As you are logged in to post, one would THINK...they HAVE the account...they HAVE the device...they HAVE the issue...and more detailed info from the device than WE have access to. Why make US jump through hoops? I am just tired of the "it will be fixed with the next update". I still have the same issue on my roku 4 for a year and a half, maybe 10 updates, and this LAST one renders it useless. It won't go more than an hour w/o a lock-up. This 'update' has cost me a MAJOR 'backdate'. I have not needed more than one remote in my living room since the '80s.

StreamerUser
Level 20

@Gary8 wrote:

Well stated Streamer! I HAVE done beta stuff, but it was MY CHOICE. On the 'Danny' subject, maybe a robot would be better. Most, if not all posts here, leave a pretty good description of the issue(s) suffered, as well as the device model. As you are logged in to post, one would THINK...they HAVE the account...they HAVE the device...they HAVE the issue...and more detailed info from the device than WE have access to. Why make US jump through hoops? I am just tired of the "it will be fixed with the next update". I still have the same issue on my roku 4 for a year and a half, maybe 10 updates, and this LAST one renders it useless. It won't go more than an hour w/o a lock-up. This 'update' has cost me a MAJOR 'backdate'. I have not needed more than one remote in my living room since the '80s.

You won't get any arguments out of me about how bad Roku's customer support has gotten (using California's super-extended, draconian and legally dubious lockdown as a pretext).

Nor will you get any arguments out of me about the decreasing firmware code quality (9.3 and 9.4 have been particularly bad, especially when they render devices incapable of receiving firmware updates due to bad wireless driver/code updates).

And yes, there are many issues that have never really been fixed, or which routinely are regressed in the next version, requiring them to be fixed all over again, ad nauseum, for years (yes, years).

Which is why its all the more important to be able to revert upgrades - something Roku generally opposes and discourages.

Gary8
Level 9

Hi Streamer, sounds like we are on the same page, regarding more than one subject. 'Twould be nice to discuss more with you, over a beer. Curbing discussion seems to be the goal of the tyrannical gov't these days. Imagine writing the 'Bill of Rights' with only one founding father. That is where we are at. Can't have that beer, here in Ohio, after 10pm. Mein Fuhrer/Governor has decided the situation attacks at that hour. Oh yea, last night at midnight...Mein Fuhrer determined it attacks those who dance....dancing is now illegal. God speed to us all!

Jinmasu
Level 8

Its been one week and still nothing. I have purchased and new TV and I am done with Roku and TCL. Selling the tv if I can. You have a huge uproar here and other threads and this company has done nothing and honestly that's bull**bleep**. You have left me without a TV for a week and Im pissed.

Eb50
Level 9

I'm having the same issue 55r615

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Eb50 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos