Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz
Roku Guru

Is the Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) the newest Express 4K+ version?

Is the Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) the newest Express 4K+ version?

My 88-year-old parents currently have 2 Roku Streaming Stick 3800R (2017) devices, but want to upgrade to get a MUTE button and more storage, so apps don't constantly have to reload.

I've used 2 Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) devices since 2021, and I still think they work great.

But is there a newer version of the Express 4K+, or should I just have them buy the Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, or Amazon?

Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Is the Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) the newest Express 4K+ version?

Hi @Boz,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to answer your inquiry. Please be advised that you may check out this support link here from time to time for the latest Roku devices that will be released. You may buy a Roku streaming device right here at roku.com—just scroll up and find the one you want. You can also find Roku devices at your favorite retailers that sell TV streaming devices online and in-store at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and more.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

You said, "We will be more than happy to answer your inquiry.", but then you didn't say anything to actually help, or even address my question.  I'd love to get an answer, but please don't reply with useless info.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Boz, I think you can be pretty sure that Roku only has the latest version of each device on the web page link given.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

The Compare Roku streaming players page currently lists the Express 4K+ as model 3941R2.  Sorry, I have no knowledge of whether there is a significant difference between R and R2.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X