Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vivi1
Channel Surfer

Installed 4K, No problem with the password & wi-fi, and my new stick is not connecting

Jump to solution

Trying to connect my new 4K streaming stick. I have the correct Network, my wi-fi is working because my lap-top, phone and desk-top are operating. Including my password works on all my devices.

The problem is that I've installed the new stick. And after choosing network and setting up the password. It still not not connect. I have re-started my devise multiple times, including unplugged the stick and restarted again. Why is it not connecting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EastCoast

Re: Installed 4K, No problem with the password & wi-fi, and my new stick is not connecting

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, however, Spectrum has not changed the WiFi configuration. Maybe a bad stick??

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Installed 4K, No problem with the password & wi-fi, and my new stick is not connecting

Jump to solution

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the router wifi configuration needs to be switched from g/n security back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
EastCoast

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, however, Spectrum has not changed the WiFi configuration. Maybe a bad stick??

0 Kudos
Vivi1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree, it is not the password, nothing wrong with my router.  This is utterly terrible customer service. No live person,  phone #, no e-mail for returns. The site directs you to  to www.roku.com, and I'm back in the same circle. Called my bank to dispute this purchase. NEVER AGAIN

0 Kudos