Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz
Roku Guru

In 2024: Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) Vs Roku Ultra LT 4801RW (2021)?

The Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) seems to still be a current, actively sold model.

It appears the Ultra LT is now officially discontinued and is only available from 3rd party sellers. Should that be a deterrent?

Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: In 2024: Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021) Vs Roku Ultra LT 4801RW (2021)?

There have been two versions of the Ultra LT and I believe they were/are both Walmart exclusives.  As with all Roku models, it's the model number that's the important thing.  The  4662 came out in 2019 and seemed to me to be a stripped down 4670.  The 4801 is virtually identical to the 4800/4802.  Again, it's stripped down with no USB port.  The wiki gives pretty good information, although it's inaccurate when it comes to the 4802 which is not an LT and does have a USB port.

I don't think I'd get a 4662, but a 4801 wouldn't be any different than the current Ultra (4802) except for the lack of a USB port and maybe the remote.  I don't know if the LT comes with a Voice Remote Pro (rechargeable), but given that Walmart does whatever it takes to knock off a few bucks it probably doesn't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.