Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redcent

Image on TV stretched vertically off top & bottom

I am using a Roku streaming stick with an LG TV (model 50PQ30).

My image displays correctly with other devices, but through the Roku (with Netflix app) the image is stretched vertically off the screen, so the top of the image and the bottom doesn't show.  You can still watch Ok, though subtitles and sometimes the progress bar (showing how much video is left) is off the bottom and therefore not visible. Also, the people look odd when stretched a little too.

My resolution is just autodetected at 1080p, I have tried a couple of other settings but it changes nothing.

How do I get the picture to show properly?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Image on TV stretched vertically off top & bottom

My guess is this needs a tv picture adjustment - picture size, zoom, etc.  On many TVs these adjustments are made and stored separately for each input. 

See if anything from this LG page helps:  https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-tv-wrong-picture-size-or-aspect-ratio-CT10000018-13872...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos