Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapbaykerry
Channel Surfer

Re: If I Factory Reset and log back in, will my stuff be there?

Is there any other way to avoid this ? Any other fix? 
many idea why it won’t take my pin?

and thank you so much. This is an important issue to be resolved in my household!!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Rapbaykerry 

Roku devices are linked by the account. (email address).  If you have multiple Roku devices and want them all linked to the same account, you need to set them up/activate using the same email address address. (that way adding or removing a channel affects all linked devices.  A channel will be added or removed on all devices.  The same PIN will also be used on all devices).

If you have multiple devices and are using different accounts/email addresses, likely the PIN may be incorrect for the device you are trying to access.

-----

If you are just having an issue with the PIN, try going to your online dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ and logging in to your account. (https://my.roku.com/dashboard)  On the newer Dashboard, look for "Device Settings" and then "PIN/Parental Controls".  

You should be able to change your PIN from there.  Then go to your Roku device and perform a manual System Update. *Settings/System/Software Update"

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Rapbaykerry
Channel Surfer

• I only have one account, thank you.  I’m using the dashboard and updating the pin and then entering that pin for parental control but it continues to give me an incorrect pin error.  What’s odd is when I test the pin by adding an app it works. (I even intentionally used an incorrect pin and it wouldn’t let me add an app) but when I go to parental controls  it keeps saying incorrect pin for parental controls which is my issue.  😞 

thanks so much. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rapbaykerry 

The PIN set in the Roku account normally only applies to the Roku Channel (for parental controls) and platform wide (adding/removing channels and for purchases if so set).

Other channels/apps may have their own PIN settings. (normally have to go their websites/accounts and make the changes there).

If the issue you are having with parental controls on channels/apps other than Roku Channel?

0 Kudos
Rapbaykerry
Channel Surfer

Yes for the Roku channel. I need to update those parental controls 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rapbaykerry 

I just enabled the parental controls for myself and seems to be working.  I was blocked from almost everything but did accept the PIN i have set for preventing purchases.

If not working for you, I think, unfortunately, the Factory Reset may be your only way to resolve this. (some sort of corruption must have occured).  I would first try changing the PIN (or maybe even toggling to "off" in the account.  Then press Save.  Then go back in and toggle back to the desired setting.  If that does not work, then I would just factory reset and see if that clears out the little gremlin that is occuring.

0 Kudos
Rapbaykerry
Channel Surfer

Thank you I truly appreciate your time and attention to this matter… you rock!