Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRSager
Reel Rookie

I wish to rollback from OS 10.5

Hey, ROKU Support why don't you create a web page with a form for your customers that are experiencing trouble with this update to leave the information you need to rollback their device ?

3031RW-Roku Express+ , Device ID S0122975D56U Serial # X0040015D56U 

Problem is with Sling TV and Air TV Anywhere when playing local channels, picture and sound freeze after a couple minutes, Roku reboots to Home page.

7 REPLIES 7
onepcwhiz
Binge Watcher

Re: I wish to rollback from OS 10.5

The roll-back is available and this fixed my Youtube issue that was caused by the 10.5 update.

Roku Ultra 4660
Roku XDS (2100)
Foxplay90

Did this work? 

0 Kudos
TRSager
Reel Rookie

no, I have not heard from Roku

jontalk
Roku Guru

I would also like to roll back..does anyone know the remote button combination to see if we can do this? While its working OK, the audio issue is a big one and needs to be fixed. My AVR supports ALL Dolby formats, but both Passthrough and Auto Detect show only Dolby Atmos and DTS. I'm noticing that on some channels, PCM is streaming through the LEFT channel ONLY which never happened with the previous firmware

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jontalk, search for "Roku remote secret codes".  They don't seem to like for us to post it here; I have no idea why.  You should be aware that even if you're offered an update to an older version it's likely to be temporary and the device may just update right back to the current version when it does its automatic check for updates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jontalk
Roku Guru

@renojim Thanks and I agree having done this with my Roku 3. Since updates are automatic and there's no way to do them manually, I'll wait until Roku releases a new build. For the most part, 10.5.4201 works well though its clear the Audio settings are in need of help. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
ArizonaGreg
Reel Rookie

Roku says that if you do a "software update" it will automatically revert to 10.0. 

I did that, and my Roku says my software if up to date at 10.5.

Also, steaming anything is now impossible as noted on Roku's support website https://support.roku.com/contactus/select-issue

Is there any way to force a rollback? Come on Roku. Lots of folks are affected by this.