Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @RonIndy!

We completely understand your input and apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. That is why we highly appreciate your feedback, as this is what makes Roku an even better streaming platform. We always aim for your satisfaction, convenience, and, most importantly, the security of our viewers when streaming content. Hence, we listened and took action as soon as we could. 

Feel free to reply to this thread for further feedback or create a new thread for different concerns, as we are more than willing to listen and further assist you in the best way we can. 

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RonIndy
Reel Rookie

Roku should never have considered a feature like "Continue watching" that exposed children to adult content and violated the privacy of its users. "Continue watching" needs to be setup entirely separate from "What to Watch". I also wonder whether "What to Watch" exposes children to adult content.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @RonIndy,

As part of our action to address this issue, the coming Roku OS update will have the option to hide the "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku interface. Currently, we're in the process of finalizing these changes. In the meantime, we value your input as well as your patience.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Mfin
Reel Rookie

It sucks and is invasive and annoying. Everybody hates it so much for “empowering customers”

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mfin,

Thank you for your post.

We truly value your feedback, and we regret hearing this. Kindly refer to the previous post above from the Community Moderators. This is currently undergoing a series of processes to add an option to hide this feature with an upcoming OS update. In the meantime, your patience, understanding, and feedback are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DFash

This pisses me off to no end. We have rental homes with Rokus setup with a Guest account. I see ALL of their shows. Roll this back. It was a bad idea. Roll back the code or I'll be forced to switch away from Roku permanently. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DFash,

Thanks for the post.

As previously mentioned above this thread, this is in the process of fully addressing this feature. In the next update, there will be an option to enable or disable this feature on your Roku Home screen. We are currently working on this, and your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.  

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

@RokuTakashi - After thinking about this some more, I think this should require a passcode to set. I say this because this will prevent anyone (a child or guest) from going into the setting and turning it on. Just something to think about. 

Shamwoohoo

It should be removed it’s an unnecessary function. We have to keep deleting the recently watched movies so my grandma can get to the Spectrum app. Otherwise she gets confused and thinks she’s messed things up. She’s in her 80s, and it was set up for ease of use. Now it’s over complicated and she wants to throw it out because it’s frustrating for her as she can’t get to spectrum. As she can’t grasp on how to use the remote despite us showing her. So it was easy to make spectrum number 1. Then the left arrow, then press ok. 

If it can’t be removed, or well, won’t be removed, we’ll just let her toss the Roku and we will get something else that’ll make it easier for her.  

Claxbruce

Maybe some settings on whether or not we want to use these features? I literally chose Roku for their UI but that'll definitely change with my next purchases.

Having the TV inputs next to the streaming apps was super nice and now they are hidden behind another icon.

Why can't we just have settings so I decide how many columns there are and if the inputs are hidden behind another icon?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.