Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jklmnoku
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

Thank you, @Gotothebeach, this did the trick for me, but how do I "[go] to each third party app home page to login and deselect sharing of information with third parties?" IOW, how and where do I access these home pages?

I am not seeing a way to do that on my Roku TV, which may be the issue as it is from 2014 and was never well supported by Roku and channel developers. I am not seeing anything at https://channelstore.roku.com under any of the pages for each of my installed channels. And I am not seeing anything at a channel's website.

This is a stupid feature. Please remove it from the operating system - it is possible because you added. This is obviously a grab for more data on your customers because I can see NO reason why this would be requested from any sane user.

If you truly can't remove it (which is an out and out lie, again it wasn't there before) at least allow users to disable this waste of screen space you call a feature. 

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

@RokuJanadeeK- With all due respect, a real software developer would know how to write code to give the user options to disable\enable OS feature. This feature has to be new because it just showed up, if it is not new that means Roku just enabled\Turned it on. Which means you can also turn it back off. At least give the users the options to disable it. I am sure there are some users that will keep it on. I'm just not one of them. I like the free-flowing home screen.

Gotothebeach
Channel Surfer

Sorry, I should have made that more clear.  I went to Max and Netflix's websites for example and looked under privacy to opt out sharing information from those accounts with third parties such as Roku.  Not sure that was necessary though.  I just deleted the Roku channel app in its entirety.  That has its own privacy issues.  It provides suggested shows based on what you watched with "because you watched . . ."  You also need to separately remove each "continue watching" show or movie in the Roku channel app.  Not worth it.  Roku also automatically downloaded the Roku channel app onto our TVs with this latest Roku update.  I had removed the channel months ago. 

deoconnel
Reel Rookie

If you can't control the content from other streaming channels and I've watched the content, why bother?? It is just something that can be used to collect data.

jklmnoku
Channel Surfer

No worries, I always try to opt out of privacy invasions whenever I register a new account, so I guess I was **h3ll** bent on looking for Roku-specific things rather than third-party items. All is good though with Roku's annoying intrusion and highly inefficient UI bug removed from the screen. I also cleaned up the sidebar too removing all that I could from there too. Seems like my Roku TV is a titch more responsive with that **cr4p** gone.

Leideebuhg

Paul080

Remove t or make it an option.

CBman

Then change the operating system back to what it was and maybe you should test with the audience before you add a feature NO ONE wants.

I will change carriers.  Luckily it is very easy to do so.

I think this is your Bud Light moment

Gaymer97

I removed the Roku Channel from my Home Screen and turned off all the Home Screen options that I could. It’s still there. Ironically after deleting the Roku Channel,I received an email from Roku to ask about how I feel about them. I surely mentioned this situation. Delete anything Roku on your Home Screen app wise. Turn off those options. I’m sure they see something on their end. Either way I do not like that Continue Watching on my home screen

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.