Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDoh
Binge Watcher

How to remove a channel from top row of "home" page of the Sling TV app on the roku?

Jump to solution

The first channel on the left on the top row of the "home" page of the sling app on the Roku is FOX News, which I've never watched and have no intention of ever watching. Is there a way to either remove a channel box from that top row, or move it over to the right? I tried the * (options) button, nothing there. Tried long pressing the "select" button, which doesn't seem to be a thing on the Roku *smile*.

Any clues for the clueless? Will this channel just go away if we never watch it, or will it stick there forever? I'm hoping that as we use the sling app, the channels in that top row will be the ones that we actually watch. But I'd really like to do something about it now, that leftmost spot is a useful position, first channel that you see on the sling app "home" page.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove a channel from top row of "home" page of sling app on the roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @MrDoh,

Thanks for the clarifications regarding managing your channels from the Sling TV channel.

In this case, we recommend contacting Sling TV directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Sling TV support here: Sling TV Help Center

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove a channel from top row of "home" page of sling app on the roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @MrDoh,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about you want to know how to manage the channels on your home screen.

We recommend visiting our Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to move channels on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrDoh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, it would have been nice if you had actually read my posting. I'm not talking about the main Roku page with the channel/app icons, I'm talking about inside the Sling app. The Sling app has a "home" screen that has program thumbnails on the top row, a quick way to get to a particular show or particular SLING channel.

My problem is that the leftmost thumbnail in the SLING APP home page is FOX News, which I'd like to remove or get out of sight somehow. I'm asking how to do that, not how to move Roku channel/app icons in the Roku home page.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MrDoh,

Thanks for the clarifications regarding managing your channels from the Sling TV channel.

In this case, we recommend contacting Sling TV directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Sling TV support here: Sling TV Help Center

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos