Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeedOff
Binge Watcher

How to remove Movies, Browse & Shortcuts from Home screen??

How do I remove the "line items" / categories Movies, Browse & Shortcuts from Home Screen.  They weren't there yesterday and I have no use for them today or the foreseeable future.

MoviesBrowseShortcuts.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to remove Movies, Browse & Shortcuts from Home screen??

Try looking under Settings->Home screen.  You should be able to hide them from there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JMCS

This just showed up AGAIN on my Roku 4 tonight.

There has already been a complaint about this and they retroactively added a Recommended Settings section under Home Screen to hide them after complaints.

Well, they’ve now removed the Recommended Settings option that allows me to hide these. They’re back. Apparently harassing me with this **bleep** is a feature not a bug.

Roku, this is on my last nerve. You keep polluting my Home Screen. I’m tired of turning this **bleep** off and I’m absolutely irritated I can no longer remove this now, again! I’ve been a user for years but I’m super fed up with the ad-pushy UX. I’m NOT a target audience for this. You’ll lose my business forever if you don’t knock it off. At this point my next streaming player is definitely NOT a Roku.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Removing the option to get rid of these annoying rows is not a smart move if that is what they are doing. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after introducing this annoyance back in October with all of the complaints they got.

0 Kudos