Features, settings & updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starryzen
Level 8

Re: Voice Search not working

Jump to solution

I'm now having this issue after a year with no issues. I get the message "Sorry, voice request failed. Currently not able to receive audio from your remote control." After trying all the troubleshooting suggestions, I figured it must be the remote control, so I bought a new one, because we like this feature so much. After pairing the new one, voice control worked.... once, then went back to the same error message. I've tried repairing the new remote multiple times, and each time, voice command works once, then stops working, giving the same error message. Has anyone had this issue, and suggest how I can fix it? Thank you! 

Ciparoo
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep everyone is having this issue and no support or response from Roku. I've also noticed that my remote blazes through batteries, like they're dead after only a week or two. That's not normal. I've gone back to the lame vanilla remote. Thanks for wasting my money roku!

Starryzen
Level 8

Jump to solution

Oh, yes I've noticed the same thing! Within a few days of normal use, the batteries go dead. I've noticed this happening around the same time the voice control feature stopped working. 

Gark3115
Level 7

Jump to solution

Brand new Roku TV. Updated to latest system release. Voice search not working. Multiple button presses required to get response. IOS app works better, but passwords cut and pasted to keyboard are stripped of first and last characters. Obvious bug and forces you to type in all passwords.

0 Kudos
Ricku1
Level 7

Jump to solution

How about the issue where it says can not hear you try again?

0 Kudos
Starryzen
Level 8

Jump to solution

In the last month or so, my remote now has a mind of its own. It will pause randomly, and it won't power up the TV like it used to, will only do it with multiple clicks. I'm highly disappointed! I had already given up on the voice feature, but now the normal functionality isn't working. Why hasn't this been addressed by Roku? Why are there now so many issues with the voice remote control?!! Roku, please respond!

0 Kudos
Starryzen
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Ricku1 , I think that happens when you press but don't hold the voice command button. Try pressing and holding the voice button as you speak. That should work for you... Hopefully. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Starryzen

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please see this thread for more information: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Did-your-Roku-remote-lose-volume-and-TV-control-af...

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PJG061073
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tanner, I used my ROKU remote last night 5-3-21...Asked it to launch YT TV.. It did not work. BTW on all my ROKU remotes

Suggestions..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

For about 3 days now my TV will not respond properly to voice commands to change over the air 0 channel to a specific number. If I say channel 20 or 20.1 it will try to find a streaming program with the word 20 in it. Very occasionally will it work properly, but the majority of time it doesn't. This happens whether I use the Roku remote or the remote app on my phone. So this is not an issue with a remote because it fails to work with my app on my phone also.

Another problem that just occurred yesterday is at the over the air channels are not appearing on the proper channel number! If they have the TV on channel 7.1 it will be showing a program from a different channel!

0 Kudos