Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatormelie

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

They have one week to being my larger icons back and take off continue watching on my home screen before i dump all 4 of my roku’s and will never be a customer again.

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: What’s with the new layout

This should only affect the size of the icons to fit more. It should not affect anything else. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put the TV in some Zoom mode by mistake?

0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

Seems like their interface development team lack the knowledge for making customizable interface. Give user the option to customize their home screen. Give us the option to choose between 3 - 5 columns. They need to increase their beta test group. I would be glad to be a beta tester.

gideyup1
Reel Rookie

If their IT team cannot code a 3 vs. 4 column option for customers, and they insist on implementing a 4 column option, then another solve would be to reduce the size of the "ads column" on the right of the home screen.  Then it'll be a fight between their marketing vs. IT divisions on optimizing revenue vs. improving customer experience.  Hmm, I wonder who will win. SMH...    

If they cannot provide 3 vs. 4 column option, then easy solve:  Revert to 3 column.  Literally no one was asking for a 4 column home screen, did the IT teams not have enough work and had to make work for themselves?!

jonbon
Channel Surfer

It happened for me randomly too! I can't see anything because of the tiny 4 icons rather than 3, I don't want my kids to be able to go to R-rated stuff from the new "Continue Watching" section, and I don't want to have to dig through "TV inputs" rather than having the individual icons directly on the screen!

Please everyone, make noise on social media about this. Or start a class action so we can get our money back for having to deal with a product that has BS "features" that were not shown when we bought our TVs! I would have chosen another brand if I would have known they would change up the interface and add harmful features for minors.

mrzoops
Reel Rookie

A class action because there’s 4 icons now!!!! Hahahha you guys are ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
jonbon
Channel Surfer

@mrzoops apparently you're having trouble with your reading comprehension, because 4 icons instead of 3 isn't nearly the only thing I mentioned.

R-rated content in the "Continue Watching" section made highly accessible to children is definitely a big no-no and worthy of a class action in itself. Or maybe you live under a rock and haven't noticed there have been numerous class actions for much less?

PLC133

Not a fan of the new layout at all... please change it back! 

Frogr82

I hate this layout and to top it off there's a continue watching bs above it.  Not only is it now harder to see the icons but idc what my other rokus in the house are watching and no I don't want to continue. Don't they get that people have more than 1 tv in their home?  It's not the 1950s. I'll search for my own show I want to watch not continue watching what my elderly mother was watching some 1970s movie from her room and now have to hear her complaints that she can barely see the icons on her tv several times a day. No she don't want her 32in TV talking to her, it causes her to freak her out when she's having a bad day with her dementia and don't understand why there's a robot alien hiding inside her TV trying to talk to her.  Let us have the options to make icons smaller or larger if we want and to turn off that stupid continue watching **bleep**

Raku

This update is terrible. If I wanted tiny hard to see icons I’d have GoogleTV. Please give us an option to go back to 3x.