Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quevellan
Binge Watcher

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

I have had the Option for awhile now and when the OS "glitched" early on a couple times I was able to "FIX" it and switch it back to 4x4.

Heck I would even like to try 5x5 !

Well I have had AND BEEN ENJOYING  the 4x4 Tiles Matrix on multiple Roku Ultras (varying models) 

for several months now, working and MUCH preferable on TV's both FHD 1080p 

and especially on UHD 4k 2160p screens.

The "loss" seems to have started occurring and/or being noticed about 14 hours ago...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/1bw1p0c/icon_size_on_home_screen/?sort=new

AND the Settings Option to Set this is now also gone!

Roku OS Sw Version 12.5.5 Build 4174 on multiple Roku Ultra's - NO Sw Update Available !

hooked to Multiple TV's both FHD 1080p & UHD 4k 2160p

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Glad to hear that some people have the option to change the layout. I just checked my Premiere (closest one to me) and it still doesn't have it. And that player is even on a beta OS build (which I can't talk about). No idea how Roku is handling this rollout. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rfmuth
Channel Surfer

I had the 4 tile grid for a couple weeks back around September of 2023 on both my Ultra and 32" TCL Roku TV (which is a piece of junk, don't buy a TCL Roku TV).  I loved it. 

I have been updating the system and checking for the option to change back to 4 tiles across almost every day since, but have never seen it.  I'm currently at software version 12.5.5 build 4174-48 on both the Roku Ultra and on the TCL Roku TV.  I rarely use my two streaming sticks, but it has not available on any of those devices either.

It is disconcerting to see that some of have had the menu option have now lost that as well.  I am concerned that Roku does no seem to know what it is doing with this option and has distributed it in such a haphazard manner. 

0 Kudos
Quevellan
Binge Watcher

Exactly.  and they PUSHed the change(s) quietly and suddenly (in the last 16 hours or so seemingly) 

If we HAVE to wait for the Pending OS 13 then lets hope it is made available ASAP 

See this previous comment with links to BGR.com and Roku Dev's both suggesting a Spring Release possibly On, and/or Before/After April 15, 2024 - the date of the Roku Devs Webinar for OS 13.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/3-or-4-column-choice-is-GONE-now/m-p/959891/high...

0 Kudos