Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarl

How do you Turn on Samsung tv with roku express to last "app/channel" watched

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung TV and a new roku express attached via HDMI

How do I set it up so when I turn on the TV, the last "channel/app" i was 

watching on Roku when I turned the TV off will appear. I am having to select the

"Spectrum TV" app, then scroll down the channels and select it every

time i turn the tv on.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you Turn on Samsung tv with roku express to last "app/channel" watched

Jump to solution

There is no such function on a Roku device. While the TV itself will likely remember the last used input was an HDMI port, the Roku can only power on to the Roku home screen. If you leave the Roku powered on you can usually leave a particular channel open (such as Spectrum TV), but remember that if it's streaming when you turn the TV off it will continue streaming and using your data. 

I don't have Spectrum, but from what I've heard there's no ability to configure a default channel to be selected when the channel is opened. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you Turn on Samsung tv with roku express to last "app/channel" watched

Jump to solution

There is no such function on a Roku device. While the TV itself will likely remember the last used input was an HDMI port, the Roku can only power on to the Roku home screen. If you leave the Roku powered on you can usually leave a particular channel open (such as Spectrum TV), but remember that if it's streaming when you turn the TV off it will continue streaming and using your data. 

I don't have Spectrum, but from what I've heard there's no ability to configure a default channel to be selected when the channel is opened. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos