Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get off Roku screen saver

Remote batteries have been changed, remote works on/off and volume but when I hit the home button; it will not go off screensaver to home or if push back button won’t move either.  At this stage voice command does not work either.  How do I fix it? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get off Roku screen saver

@Angelgrandma08-

Sounds like you have a Voice Remote.

The TV controls (power, volume, mute) control the TV via infrared (IR).   Since these controls work, you remote is still correctly set up for your TV brand.

The Roku controls (everything else) control the Roku via WiFi.   For this to work, your remote must be paired with the Roku it is to control.  If not paired, you won't be able to issue any commands to the Roku, like to exit the screen saver.  It sounds like the Roku has lost its pairing and needs to be re-paired to the Roku.

Remove the remote's batteries, pull the power to the Roku for a few seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to start up.  When it's started up reinsert the batteries in the remote and press the remote's pairing button.

If your remote is a newer one that does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the BACK and HOME buttons near the top of the remote for 5 seconds or more.
a.jpg
Reference: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

Video from Roku re how to pair point-anywhere remote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos