Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Rollback from 10.5

Jump to solution

Is there a way I can get the rollback? I’m about to throw our Rokus in the trash and go with another company that actually has customer support. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How do I Rollback from 10.5

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku Ultra models 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Did you check for an update from Settings->System->System update?  Supposedly "problem" units will be offered an "update" to 10.0.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@amyahnsully 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Send me the 10.0 downgrade so I can roll it back myself. All three of my 4640X's are dead.

Blatzrox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm all of a sudden having issues, too. Out of nowhere. I even tried the factory reset and I still can't update my software, etc..I have great connectivity. But I can't get the software to update, and I can't get past this trying to hook up my tv.  

0 Kudos
DJJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 3 4640X's. They all quit working after 10.5 update. I have been using the same DNS server for years without a problem.

I changed my DNS server, and now they work. In fact, i tried several free DNS servers, and they all worked. For example, try 1.1.1.1 (primary) and 1.0.0.1 (secondary).

Blatzrox
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. It worked for me! Now I have to figure out why my Netgear wifi extender won't work with my Roku anymore. Any ideas??

0 Kudos
DJJ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you set the dns in the router and rebooted the router, extender, and Roku, I think it should work. no ideas other than that. Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

If you are experiencing channel playback issues on a Roku Ultra models 4660, 4661, 4662, and 4670, we recommend now checking for a manual update to see if the issue is still occurring.

To check for a manual update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. 

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos