Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdowns
Channel Surfer

Home Screen changed back to 3x3.

Why did they change the tile layout back to 3x3?? So simple but so annoying. I don’t need 10” tiles to see an app’s logo.

They made a great change, and then, because college students watching on computer monitors complained, they changed it back.

Hey Roku, just make the tile layout configuration a user controlled option. We can watch live events from across the world, whose signal has literally been to space and back, but we can’t have a simple feature that the original Windows had?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home Screen changed back to 3x3.

As I said in another thread:

Roku foisted this test, and several other home page changes, unawares on some subset of subscribers who never agreed to be beta testers.  Some of the changes have come and gone more than once.

Roku has said they will return as user options sometime in the future.   I wouldn't hold my breath.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X