Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

Hmm, I'm not experiencing the problem with the new Roku TV Pro series, it's running Roku OS 13.0.  

If it matters the SiliconDust HDHomeRun hardware is FLEX 4K with a 2TB SERVIO.

Haven't tried the TCL Roku sets, they're running Roku OS 12.5.5 on last check.

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

I just checked my Ultra again. It too is on 13.0. I also used a different device to set the HDHR to a known working channel. Had the same problem as before, it acts like it's loading but basically freezes up. Hitting the Home button is the only thing that works, which of course takes you completely out of the app. Silicon Dust hasn't issued an update yet to fix the problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

I performed an update on my Roku Premier+ yesterday and the HDHomeRun app received an update. I am now able to change channels... but the volume control does not work.

0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

Correction on my previous post... After the app update on 4-14-24, I can now change channels... BUT do not receive ANY audio and am unable to increase or decrease volume.

0 Kudos
LivingInTheRoc
Reel Rookie

The HDHomeRun app started working again for us this morning, so I can only assume things updated during the night time hours.

The channel bar on the right is back and usable again when hitting the up or down arrow, and the main menu (Live|Recorded|Discover|Tasks) is again available when hitting the (<~) button

Not having any problems with audio or video, and volume up/down is also working.

Looking at the HDHomeRun app version running here, by selecting the app and hitting the (*) on the remote, it’s showing the app as version 91.0 build 20240410

0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

The app version that updated on my Roku Premier+ on 4-14-24 is the same (91.0 build 20240410).

I have uninstalled, re-installed, rebooted Roku numerous times. I can view channel bar/guide, but still no audio or ability to change volume.

Using the Roku Media app (as suggested in an earlier post) I can view HDHomeRun channels with audio. However, this is a very cumbersome and slow way to watch local TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092

I just tested it on my Premiere, and while it will now load and display the selected channel, I too am not getting any audio. I know it's not a problem with my HDHR, since it is used by my Android based apps without an issue, as well as my HTPC which uses it for OTA recording. 

Dan

0 Kudos
renojim

I get sound from my HDHomeRun Quatro and my 3920 Roku.  The Roku is on 13.0 and the SD app is 91.0.20240410.  Do you all without sound have any volume modes enabled (night/leveling)?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

I just tested my 3920 again. Still no sound, and I tried several different channels. No sound modes engaged. I have the HDHR Flex 4K. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We see that this issue impacts a couple of users and thanks for keeping us posted. We'll need your help with this and to please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos