Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmoberly

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

Same problem. Checked Roku and HDHomerun versions. Both current. 

Removed HDHomerun app from Roku, readded. Same issue.

Rebooted HDHomerun and Antennae booster. Same issue. 

Loaded on my new Windows 11 laptop. Works fine. 

Samsung Android phone. Works fine.

I would think there are a lot of Roku users out there. 

0 Kudos
srfmster
Reel Rookie

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

I rerouted my HDHomerun through my Samsung smart TV to continue watching hd antenna television, maybe it's a sign to take a break from streaming ,😜✌️

0 Kudos

I just got a message from Silicon Dust support about this.  They said:

We submitted the fix late yesterday, so as soon as Roku approves that then it should go out for everyone.

webguy52
Reel Rookie

Just got a reply from SiliconDust support:

There was a bug in the last update for the HDHomeRun app that went out over the weekend. We have submitted a new version of the HDHomeRun app to Roku that should be coming out as soon as Roku approves it.

- Silicondust Support

Forumro
Reel Rookie

HDHomeRun was contacted by me and said they are working on HdHomeRun App bug. The last update had a problem. The same as you described and the same as I have. They are working as fast as they can to fix and send update. I gues we sit tight. I put HdHomeRun App on firestick and it works fine!!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Forumro wrote:

I put HdHomeRun App on firestick and it works fine!!!!

The Fire Stick has a completely different operating system from a Roku, and the programming language used by the apps is also different. You can't compare apps across different platforms for operational differences. A bug on one platform is not necessarily going to appear on another. And yes, the HDHR app on my Nvidia Shield (Android based OS) works where my Rokus (Linux based but highly modified) do not. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ToolShedd
Reel Rookie

When I try to force a refresh it indicates that the app (version .89 build 20240402) is already up to date.

If you search for the app in the Roku store it lists Version 2.3, Apr 4, 2024 as available.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling but I keep getting .89…

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I've seen app versions stated differently in the Channel Store and within the app itself, but in reality it's the same version. App providers sometimes have slightly different versions for different hardware versions.

I'm looking at my Ultra 4800  right now. It's version 89.0, build 20240402 (shown by pressing the * button when I'm over the tile). I agree that the Channel Store shows V 2.3 as current. Obviously Silicon Dust hasn't labeled the app in the Channel store correctly. The build number appears to be a date, indicating it was built on Apr 2, so ten days ago. The Channel Store shows a date of Apr 4, so that makes sense to have a build date a couple of days earlier.

If I start the app, I get the screen saying discovering devices, and then I get the loading bar like it's attempting to load that TV channel. And there it sits. The app is basically locked up, and I have to hit the home button to get out of the app. 

Silicon Dust has obviously not released an updated app yet. Until they do, there's nothing a Roku user can do to make it work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

BUMP - Same issue, love this device, its apps and my Roku TVs. I hope the update comes out soon!

0 Kudos
srfmster
Reel Rookie

I rerouted my HDHomerun through my Samsung smart TV to continue watching hd antenna television, I have Roku sound bars with Roku extension speakers on all 4 TV's and they can't be used till issue is resolved and I can reroute back through Roku players. 🫤

0 Kudos