Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donspopc
Binge Watcher

HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

I am suddenly no longer able to change channels or use any other HDHOMERUN app functions on my Roku Premier+. I have restarted Roke box and have also uninstalled the HDHOMERUN app using the Roku and also using the account website. Still unable to change channels or use any other app function. All other apps on the Roku are working fine.

When app launches, it tunes to the lowest numbered channel on my HDHOMERUN channel list, but I aem unable to do anything within the app after that.

44 REPLIES 44
donspopc
Binge Watcher

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

I should add... my HDHOMERUN device is working fine on other platforms (i.e., Windows PC).

srfmster
Reel Rookie

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

mine too! and tried everything you tried with no luck 😞

LivingInTheRoc
Reel Rookie

Same problem.  The HDHomeRun app is all but useless on our TCL Roku TV.  Can no longer change channels.  The channel sidebar on the right seems to no longer exist.  We’ve tried removing and reinstalling the app, no change in how the app behaves. 

Same issue here, phone app works but Roku app is busted

GordonL
Reel Rookie

Lots of reports all over the internet about this bug.  Seems everyone is talking about it EXCEPT the app support staff.. they seem to be MIA.  Just roll back to the prior version please!

donspopc
Binge Watcher

Thanks GordonL! I'm not sure how I can roll back to a previous app version. Any Tips?

GordonL
Reel Rookie

I ,am pretty sure u cant.. the app developers have to do it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Only Silicon Dust can revert their app in the Roku Channel Store, Roku themselves cannot control that. It's completely under the control of the developer, in this case Silicon Dust. 

As an FYI: the HDHR app on your Roku is written in a completely different programming language than what's used for virtually any other platform. So the fact it works on a different platform (I tested my Nvidia Shield and it worked fine, my Ultra 4800 won't even load the channel that was selected on start) is meaningless for the Roku devices. I will also repeat something I heard on the SD forums in the past: they aren't making much of an effort for their Roku app. I can't recall if they gave an explanation about that statement, but their Roku app was their lowest priority. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
webguy52
Reel Rookie

Yup.  Same problem for me.  I have 4 Roku devices on various makes of TV's.  Not one of them can change channels on HDHomeRun.  Removed the app and reinstalled it to no avail.  HDHomeRun works fine on my laptop and iPhone.