Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth2020
Reel Rookie

Guest mode checkout time should follow my policy

Why has Roku decided when my checkout time is? This confuses customers

How can I change the posted checkout time on the date selection page?

10 REPLIES 10
Trainsmoke

Re: Guest mode checkout time should follow my policy

1. Press Home  on the Roku remote 2. Scroll and select Guest Options 3. Select Change automatic sign-out date 4. Navigate the calendar and choose a new date 5. Select the highlighted Checkout button to confirm the date

0 Kudos
Bwl200
Reel Rookie

You just gave the directions to change the date. I’m seeing this on all boards about this issue. No one is asking about how to change the date. We’re asking about how to change the time.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Bwl200!

Thank you for reaching out regarding this matter. We'd be more than happy to further assist you with this.

In this instance, kindly navigate to your Home screen and select Settings > System > Time > Clock Format. You will then have the option to choose between 12 hours and 24 hours.

For more information, you can visit our support link on How to configure the clock settings.

Let us know if you have further queries! We'd be happy to help.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elizabeth2020
Reel Rookie

Again. This does not address the checkout time on the screen that my guests see as they pick out their checkout date. Perhaps if ROKU removed the word “checkout” on that screen and used “system reset” instead to reinforce that they are not checking out but signing out of the system. 

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Elizabeth2020,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

In Guest Mode, your guests will not be able to access your apps, make unauthorized purchases on your card, or influence your recommendations.

Printable instructions are available to leave out for your guests.

Guest Mode is available in US, Canada, UK, Latin America, France, Mexico and other countries. Guest Mode is not available in Germany or Australia. Depending on the Roku OS version installed on your streaming device Guest Mode may be called Auto Sign Out.

This article explains how to turn Guest Mode on and off and how to customize it for your guests. Instructions on how to use Guest Mode to stream content on a Roku streaming device are also available.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bwl200
Reel Rookie

It would be nice if you could just say - “its not possible to change the check out time” rather than continuing to provide directions that don’t apply to these posts. 

Cmore1

Is there any way to change the checkout TIME??

0 Kudos
DA74

Why do we have a check out date after this long a time?

0 Kudos
DA74

Yes you can but it'sgoing to keep poping up.

0 Kudos