Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marko99

Guest Mode - Added channel does not appear on Home screen

Jump to solution

When in Guest Mode, after adding a streaming channel, it appears to install correctly and after the install I can click Go To Channel and it opens up. But when I return to the home screen it does not appear on the home screen.

After doing some investigation, I determined it works fine if the streaming channel existed on the home screen when out of Guest Mode. But if it is a streaming channel not loaded in the base account, it will not appear on the home screen in Guest Mode after installing.

For example:

1) I have CNN installed in my base account. I DO NOT have Youtube TV installed in my base account.

2) I log into Guest Mode

3) I add CNN and Youtube TV apps while in Guest Mode and both appear to install correctly.

4) When I go to back to the home screen, CNN app is listed, but the Youtube TV app is not.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Guest Mode - Added channel does not appear on Home screen

Jump to solution

Yep, that's how it works.  "Sense" and "Roku" rarely go hand in hand.

How to turn Guest Mode on and off on your Roku® streaming device | Roku

How to use Guest Mode on a Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @marko99 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with Guest Mode channels. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be to be informed that the channels have been added to the Home screen and they magically aren't there!

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
boondawgy

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the same issue.

What’s interesting is when I first enter guest mode (or reboot the roku), many other apps appear for about 1-2 seconds, then they vanish away and never reappear. 

I have a roku streaming stick 4k. I bought it in Jan 2022. Running 11.5.0 Build 4312

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing.

We believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to check to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists and we will be more than happy to look further into what you are seeing.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just did a factory reset of my Roku, and when I got it back up and running again, I had the exact issue as you. Many installed apps not showing on Home Screen. When I rebooted, they flashed up for a second then disappeared.

One thing that had happened as part of the reset is that a channel had been added - “Getting Started with Roku”. It was essentially a small video that showed you basic functionality. It was pretty rubbish, so I deleted it, and all my channels came back.

Roku stick is a piece of trash, it really is. 

0 Kudos
Hoku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi I've just encountered this problem.  I've set up a dozen Roku based TV's with a base profile of apps which show as Installed in my roku.com account but when I put a new TV in guest mode they do not show up.  There are apps that we do not use showing.

If I add an app in guest mode, it will be gone the next time it sign's out and then signs back in.

What can be done to keep the apps and order the same for each guest using the guest mode?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Hoku, sorry, but that's the way Guest Mode works.  Many have made suggestions to improve it, but so far Roku has ignored them.  You're welcome to add to the chorus:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

0 Kudos
Hoku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This doesn't make any sense, so if I want Disney +, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Pluto TV and only Netflix is showing as a default app in guest mode along with Youtube TV and some other weird ones, I can't add the ones I want even if it shows up in my ROKU account as installed?

When I add them while in guest mode they are gone again when it signs out and the next guest signs back in again.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Yep, that's how it works.  "Sense" and "Roku" rarely go hand in hand.

How to turn Guest Mode on and off on your Roku® streaming device | Roku

How to use Guest Mode on a Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

0 Kudos