Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

I also find several programs (not live channels) out of sync between captions and voices.

The most annoying is sometimes in the Roku channel itself, when the captions are from an entirely DIFFERENT program. It is very obvious it is not related to the program being watched. I was tempted each time to make a list of these... I guess now --based on the reply to several viewers --I need to name the programs and go online and make specific reports.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

Thank you for raising your concern here in the Roku Community, @GardenGal45!

Firstly, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we're here to further review this and find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, mentioning that this happens to various apps, can you please try to check for available software updates under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now? Let us see if this will make any difference. 

Also, kindly let us know what specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to try and resolve this so we can provide you with further accurate troubleshooting methods. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming successfully.

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GardenGal45
Channel Surfer

Re: Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

Over time I learned that (a) whenever closed captions (CC) are missing, and (b) when CC are out of sync, I go to Settings > Update software and Restart.  Usually, this brings CC to the program we are viewing.  But it does not remedy the CC that are either way-too-soon or delayed.

As I stated, I have not kept track of a couple programs where the CC was clearly from a different program or movie.  The next time that happens, I will make a note, also whenever the CC is out of sync. Then, I'll notify asap.  Thanks.

0 Kudos