Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Fed up with theme packs silent

Jump to solution

I have submitted this info, done countless other steps. No help. Should I just uninstall roku and reinstall app? Or do factory reset? This morning after being silent for weeks, my 'sound pack' came on like it used to, made sounds as I navigated through the home page........then went silent again. This is the 3rd time in few months it works once, then silent for weeks later. Or is this just defective?

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Fed up with theme packs silent

Jump to solution

I have submitted this info, done countless other steps. No help. Should I just uninstall roku and reinstall app? Or do factory reset? This morning after being silent for weeks, my sound pack came on like it used to, made sounds as I navigated through the home page........then went silent again. This is the 3rd time in few months it works once, then silent for weeks later. Or is this just defective?

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Fed up with theme packs, wallpaper and screen saver settings changing

Jump to solution

I have submitted this info, done countless other steps. No help. Should I just uninstall roku and reinstall app? Or do factory reset? This morning after being silent for weeks, my 'sound pack' came on like it used to, made sounds as I navigated through the home page........then went silent again. This is the 3rd time in few months it works once, then silent for weeks later. Or is this just defective?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Any news? Same exact story here. All of a sudden the sound effects came on for ONE day and then disappeared again.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CrankyOldQueen,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue going on and we appreciate for letting us know about this.

If you feel like this issue is coming up again, please get back here and share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model H529X

Serial X02000JD9653 (S155436S9653)

Software 12.5.0 * build 4177-EPGC version 10.4.37

Timestamp 2023-12-05T08:15:53Z

ID S3-487-215

I do not want the Roku city wallpaper.  I have tried installing/choosing my own wallpaper and screensaver.  I have rebooted, reset, and still I have the same Roku thing.  I do not like the movement.  I have the seasonal and sponsored wallpapers turned off.  Please let me delete the Roku default wallpaper and screensaver.  I have searched everywhere and the only answer I get is how to change it.  I have changed it, but it will not change off of the default.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Someone suggested turning off power saver, and plug into outlet not my tv. Now my sounds and theme pack is working.

0 Kudos
gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Much obliged, kind poster!

Roku Ultra//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels: Vudu, Netflix, hoopla, Kanopy, PlutoTV, Peacock
0 Kudos
katnb1124
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I also have no sound, but only on one TV and only with the sound theme packs. I have also been  troubleshooting without results and still no theme sounds on any theme packs. 

Please advise. 

20240103_085734.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @katnb1124,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue with this. This case is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team, and we still don't have any updates about it.

We'll communicate this information to the team for additional review.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos