Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott205
Streaming Star

Re: Fed up with theme packs, wallpaper and screen saver settings changing

Jump to solution

Thx for the reply. As I mentioned previously, I have rebooted, cleared cache, restarted more than once. There is NO video to submit..it is a sound issue. Again the sound selection feature worked great for 6 months now has went silent except for the ROKU bounce at the beginning. It still has sound (bubbles like) but after that anything I do (Go to any apps) on the home page it is silent. Then one day it was working, now its back to silent.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your response. @scott205.

Thanks for elaborating on the issue. Kindly try to manage this feature by going to Themes > Sounds > My Sound and selecting your preferred sound. Please observe if the sound returns when navigating through your device. Also, please be aware that some features on Roku, including themes and sounds, may be seasonal.

Please inform us of your findings so we can continue assisting.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have done this many times. No sound anymore. Even the default sound quit. I have tried every sound selection available, now nothing. The R O K U bouncing letters/sound is there but that is all. It used to work then quit. A feature I can live w/o but it is fun feature we like. I have rebooted, unplugged HDMI and USB at same time, no change. Is this unit defective after several months?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @scott205.

We highly appreciate all of the troubleshooting methods you have taken, as well as your patience and understanding.

We will request reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to further check your device. Kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • When did this issue start and what specific troubleshooting methods have you taken?

Once we gather all of the requested details, we will forward this to the appropriate Roku team and once we have updates from them, we will make sure to update this thread and let you know. 

We'll be patiently waiting for your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Carly. Model 3941X Roku Express 4K+ Serial # X0160098SNJM (S07P4298SNJM) Software version 12.5.0 build 4175-CR GC version 10.2.30 ISSUE ID JM-421-594 Timestamp 2023-10-20T18:34:17Z Again I have tried all resets, reboots, tried every sound available....all went silent a few months ago. Only sound that works is the bouncing R O K U before the home screen upon reboot, or just turning on after being off all night. Device worked perfect first 6 months then went silent on this fun feature.

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Carly. Model 3941X Roku Express 4K+ Serial # X0160098SNJM    S07P4298SNJM Software version 12.5.0 build 4175-CR GC version 10.2.30 ISSUE ID JM-421-594 Timestamp 2023-10-20T18:34:17Z Again I have tried all resets, reboots, tried every sound available....all went silent a few months ago. Only sound that works is the bouncing R O K U before the home screen upon reboot, or just turning on after being off all night. Device worked perfect first 6 months then went silent on this fun feature.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @scott205,

We appreciate you providing these details in the Roku Community!

We want to clarify: are you referring to the menu volume, which is the volume when you select anything on your Roku remote, or is this the volume when streaming channels? Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems) If you are referring to the first one mentioned, which is the menu volume, please try restarting your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). After doing so, please ensure that you adjust your volume so it's loud enough to hear. Then, go to Settings > Audio > Menu Volume > and select High. If you are referring to the latter, you can check out this support article on adjusting volume modes.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

AGAIN. I have restarted the ROKU many times and my volumn is hi enough to hear. Even the default sounds setting quit working. It is the SOUNDS feature NOT the theme packs. Someone replied ROKU was wanting one to buy a theme pack. It seems this unit is defective. Appreciate the help but I get told the same thing over and over mostly...to restart, etc......which I have done MANY times. My g/f's unit works fine, it's the same one and bought at the same time.

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

AGAIN. I have restarted the ROKU many times and my volumn is hi enough to hear. Even the default sounds setting quit working. It is the SOUNDS feature NOT the theme packs. Someone replied ROKU was wanting one to buy a theme pack. It seems this unit is defective. Appreciate the help but I get told the same thing over and over mostly...to restart, etc......which I have done MANY times. My g/f unit works fine, it's the same one and bought at the same time.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@scott205,

We understand. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you took. We also appreciate the follow-up details you have provided. Rest assured, we have already passed this on to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos