Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamG12
Binge Watcher

Emergency Alerts for Roku tv

I have been hearing or reading for other discussion groups that there is now a EAS on Roku. Meaning that there are emergency alerts  for Roku . If it true, How do I get it to work for my tv? is it from a free app or do I have to pay for it? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Emergency Alerts for Roku tv

@PamG12  Where did you hear this from? Can you post a link? I own 3 TCL Roku TVs and there is no such feature nor would there be. Was it a certain channel? Local news channel? 

0 Kudos
PamG12
Binge Watcher

riddet group when I was searching for a free way to have a free widget on roku by searching for weather warnings. Someone was asking that group how they could turn off their EAS on their roku tv. But I know some people would just put a story out there and I thought I would ask. Also thinking at the same time how that would be nice if one was up for people that is like me that can't hear sirens when they are in watching caption a non antenna part of roku. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@PamG12  Every smartphone has emergency alerts built in. So your phone will alert you. There is no emergency alert option for Roku. Roku does not use widgets. It uses channels. The only way you could get an alert is if you kept some channel on such as a weather channel on 24/7. But if you were watching Netflix, Hulu or Disney that channel which had a weather alert would not warn you cause your watching something else. If you can provide links to back this up then maybe I could assist you futher

0 Kudos
Oasis_

But what if you didn’t have a smartphone, it would be a very good update on all Roku devices, maybe if you have a Roku remote pro, the alerts could be played on both the remote speaker and the Roku Player/TV.

0 Kudos