Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chemteach
Reel Rookie

Dynamic wallpapers disappeared

I selected fall in the park wallpaper because I loved the dynamic nature of it last year, but it does not appear to be dynamic anymore, and I can't find any wallpapers that are. Has @RokuCC Roku stopped supporting dynamic wallpaper on Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Dynamic wallpapers disappeared

I'm still using my all time favorite "Graphene" wallpaper on the 3600, but it's no longer available to download so I don't want to switch to something else to try for fear I can't get this one back.  I already learned that lesson on a 3810.

On my 3810 I seem to remember some of the "Featured wallpapers" at Settings > Themes > Wallpapers had some dynamic elements (blowing leaves, etc) but the couple I tried looked static.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Additional response:

I checked on my two other Rokus, a Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 and TCL Roku TV C107X.  On both of these, 5 of the wallpapers listed as "Featured wallpapers" are labeled as "Dynamic" and do have animated features.  These same wallpapers on the 3600 and 3810  have no such labels and are completely static.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chemteach
Reel Rookie

So it's not just me that it's happening to then. There used to be dynamic wallpapers on that device. What's weird is that my older Roku Express still has them, along with my favorite "Roku Daydream" that isn't available on newer/nicer models that I've seen.