Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CursedLattice
Channel Surfer

Dynamic wallpaper zoomed in

Jump to solution

I encountered an issue tonight with the dynamic wallpapers. The issue began when I accidentally selected display type, dolby vision 4k, when my projector is only hdr capable. The image still displayed and I select yes to keep the setting without much thought. Then I switched the display type back to automatic(4khdr10) and now all the dynamic wallpapers will display correctly for 3 seconds or so and then suddenly zoom in to the upper left hand corner of the wallpaper. I've tried multiple system restarts, display changes to 4k and 1080,  removing the wallpapers from my gallery and bringing them back in and unplugging the unit for 30 min. Not sure what else I can do? It happens with all dynamic wallpapers and regular wallpapers work normally.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CursedLattice
Channel Surfer

Re: Dynamic wallpaper zoomed in

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! I tried everything you described above and still had the issue, although I did find when setting the display to 720p the wallpaper works correctly. As soon as I change it back to 4khdr it displays correctly for a few seconds and then zooms in.

So what ended up working was changing the display to 720p, then 1080, then 4k, and finally 4khdr. Don't ask me why but it worked!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CursedLattice 

First, remove all the dynamic wallpapers, and Restart the Roku device.  Then Try lowering the resolution to 720p and reverting the Theme back to Roku default, followed by another System Restart.

1. Settings/Display Type/ [720p TV]

2. Settings/Theme/Restore Default Theme/[Restore]

3. Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

4. Try using one of the dynamic wallpapers in 720p.  If works fine, then go back to Settings/Display Type and manually set your desired resolution. (Do not use Auto-detect).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CursedLattice
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! I tried everything you described above and still had the issue, although I did find when setting the display to 720p the wallpaper works correctly. As soon as I change it back to 4khdr it displays correctly for a few seconds and then zooms in.

So what ended up working was changing the display to 720p, then 1080, then 4k, and finally 4khdr. Don't ask me why but it worked!