Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sambou
Channel Surfer

Does anyone from Roku read these and why is the answer no?

People take time to report issues or dumb decisions by the Roku team about user interface and experience. It seems that nobody from Roku ever reads the posts or does anything about it so why waste our time here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does anyone from Roku read these and why is the answer no?

Hi @sambou,

Saw your post!

We appreciate you for sharing your observation and we value your feedback. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help but we need more details. Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sambou
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your response.

When you search for issues on the forums, you'll find posts from years ago and it's still an issue today.  For example, problems with the guide.

1. Why have a "favorites" list if the guide does not default to it?
  2. When you're watching a channel that is on your favorites and you return to the guide, it goes to the top of the "All Channels" list.  Normal guides usually return to the guide with the channel you're currently watching highlighted.

Also, on my Roku TV, there was an option to display closed captioning when "on mute", but that option is not on the Roku Ultra.

The point is, should we be confident that any of these issues actually make it to the development team?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there @sambou,

Thanks for the clarification.

Rest assured that the following threads about the Roku feature are monitored and we are aware of the discussions on these specific threads. 

Please be advised that the "On mute" selection is not available on all Roku devices.

For more information about this feature, you can take a look at this link: How to enable closed captioning | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
karen89

it's possible that someone from Roku or their team may monitor these posts or forums to gather feedback from users.

It's also important to keep in mind that addressing every issue or concern may not be feasible or practical for any company, including Roku. They likely have to prioritize which issues to address based on their impact on the overall user experience and their resources.

Nevertheless, reporting issues and providing feedback can be a valuable way to express your thoughts and feelings about Roku's user interface and experience. It's possible that your feedback and suggestions may be considered and implemented in future updates or changes.

JimL
Streaming Star

Will anyone at Roku ever address the following in sambou's post?  

1. Why have a "favorites" list if the guide does not default to it?
  2. When you're watching a channel that is on your favorites and you return to the guide, it goes to the top of the "All Channels" list.  Normal guides usually return to the guide with the channel you're currently watching highlighted.

It's been a long time since I was a developer, but I cannot imagine it being any more than a trivial change to fix this.  Simply change the default to show favorites first.  Why would anyone think that if I went to the trouble of selecting favorite channels that I would want to see All Channels EVERY SINGLE TIME I OPEN Live TV?

JimL
Streaming Star

It appears that some may not realize that the issue of always defaulting to "All Channels" rather than "Favorites"  was resolved back in September.  See this thread:

ttps://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/THANK-YOU-Roku-s-Live-TV-Channel-Guide-fix-for-Fa...

0 Kudos
sambou
Channel Surfer

nope, still a problem

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sambou,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

Unfortunately, as of this evening, this is no longer working.  The default is back to All Channels, which no one is asking for. 

I cannot understand why this was so hard to leave alone once it was working and I could stay in Favorites.  Now the default is always All Channels.  😞

0 Kudos