Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device power cable cord issues

Can you use any kind of micro USB cable cord for Roku devices or does it have to be the one that specifically comes with them?? I have to replace my power cord for mine but when I link my device on the website it tells me there are no compatible accessories for my device. I have the Roku stick model 3820. I think it's the 4k but I'm not 100% sure.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Device power cable cord issues

For most, any cable will do, but for a 3820, you need one of these:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device power cable cord issues

With Streaming Stick model 3810, released in 2017, Roku enhanced the WiFi receiver and moved it from the interior of the stick out into a bulge in the USB power cord.  For this and later Streaming Stick models, a specialized power cord with a "Long Range Wi-Fi Receiver" must be used.  Without it, the stick cannot connect to the internet, nor can it communicate with its remote.

There are two different power cords with Long Range W-Fi Receiver available, depending on your Streaming Stick model.  The two are NOT interchangeable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos