Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evianproperties
Reel Rookie

Customized Guest Mode for AirBnB

Jump to solution

Is there a way to customize the content on Guest Mode welcome screen? For example, a QR code for wifi, a welcome for each guest to include their name (can you develop API for popular rental apps like ABB, VRBO, OwnerRez)?

Then once in guest mode, can I preload most popular apps like YouTube TV, Spotify, Paramount+, ESPN, local channels, etc.?

Many companies like Yodeck sell this product...I'd like to not have multiple interfaces in my home.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Customized Guest Mode for AirBnB

Jump to solution

Hi @Evianproperties,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about customizing the guest mode welcome screen on Roku. By default, your guests will be greeted on the TV with the message "Welcome! Enjoy your stay." Use the following instructions to customize the Guest Mode welcome screen:

1. Sign in to https://my.roku.com/account.
  2. Scroll down to My Streaming Devices & TVs.
  3. Find your Roku device and select Customize welcome message.
  4. Enter your personalized greeting of up to 40 characters and select Publish/Save

You can add channels in Guest Mode the same way you would on your own Roku streaming device. Some apps, like The Roku Channel, CBS News, iHeartRadio, and YouTube, let you stream content without signing in. In Guest Mode, you cannot make purchases that are billed to your host's Roku account. You can only make purchases when you sign in to an app where you have a payment method on file.

For more information about guest mode, you may check out this support article here.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Customized Guest Mode for AirBnB

Jump to solution

Hi @Evianproperties,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about customizing the guest mode welcome screen on Roku. By default, your guests will be greeted on the TV with the message "Welcome! Enjoy your stay." Use the following instructions to customize the Guest Mode welcome screen:

1. Sign in to https://my.roku.com/account.
  2. Scroll down to My Streaming Devices & TVs.
  3. Find your Roku device and select Customize welcome message.
  4. Enter your personalized greeting of up to 40 characters and select Publish/Save

You can add channels in Guest Mode the same way you would on your own Roku streaming device. Some apps, like The Roku Channel, CBS News, iHeartRadio, and YouTube, let you stream content without signing in. In Guest Mode, you cannot make purchases that are billed to your host's Roku account. You can only make purchases when you sign in to an app where you have a payment method on file.

For more information about guest mode, you may check out this support article here.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos