Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Link in commentsRe: Custom wallpaper

@DJ-Greg-G 

There is currently no way to create/use your own wallpaper (unless you are a large corporate entity that pays Roku to allow your promotional wallpaper to replace one of the pre-existing ones for a short period of time).

You can create your own screensaver using the Roku mobile app.  However, it only applies to 4K models, which is why many of the previous posters of this thread couldnt use it - the model they were connected to wasnt 4K, so the option to set a screensaver didnt show up.  Unfortunately Roku doesnt document this anywhere.

You should suggest this (it probably has been many times already):

https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist

Kaptainkrrrk
Reel Rookie

Re: Link in commentsRe: Custom wallpaper

This is so silly. How hard is it for Roku to put up and developer option for making your own wallpaper? Laziness and pinching pennies on roku's part

THF90
Reel Rookie

Re: Custom wallpaper still not capable

So they are rolling out a big new OS update and they STILL will not allow you to simply upload a photo of your choice to use as a wallpaper? 🙄

We are stuck with the horrible pre-school looking computer generated art.

What year are we in? Get with the times, Roku!

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@THF90  There are tons of wallpapers to choose from. But Roku OS 11 allows users to set personal pictures as screen savers

0 Kudos
THF90
Reel Rookie

But none of the wallpapers are any good and are all generic looking. The only one I liked was the Classic Vinyl one and they yanked that away a month or so ago.

I don’t care about screen savers. I don’t look at screen savers when looking at my Roku, but I do look at wallpaper, which is what I am complaining about. In 2022, it is absurd that you can’t jump on the app and simply upload a picture to use as your wallpaper.

VNaveen1
Channel Surfer

Re: How to Use your photo as Custom wallpaper or screensaver on Roku.

How to Use your Photos as Custom Screensaver on Roku.
Download Roku app on Google Play Store or the App Store. After downloading the app, make sure it is connected to your Roku device.
>>Open the Roku app on your smartphone.
>>At the bottom of the screen, look for the Media button and click to open.
>>Select Screensaver.
>>Tap the Get Started button.
>>A notification message will inform you that Roku will access your photos and videos. Click Give Access.
>>You can now choose any photo that you want to use as your screensaver. You can add more photos to fill up your screensaver. Each time you add a photo, you can see a preview on your TV screen. Roku will notify you if no more photos can be added.
>>You can also choose the style for your screensaver, either you want it HQ Still or Pan and Zoom. You can also set the time for your screensaver.
>>Once you are done, click Set Screensaver.
0 Kudos
THF90
Reel Rookie

I know how to do screensaver, I want to personalize the desktop.

the screen you see with all the apps, not the screensaver when you aren’t active, but thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@THF90

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about changing the theme on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: Change the theme pack

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ricksmith302
Reel Rookie

The ROKU wallpaper with its ugly pastels look like they were designed

by a bunch of **bleep**gots. For the UMPTEENTH time, how does a user use

THEIR OWN IMAGES as wallpaper? ANYTHING would be better than the

ROKU **bleep**.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ricksmith302, it's not possible to use your own.  If you don't like the seasonal themes/wallpapers turn off "Wallpaper updates" under Settings->Theme.  Hopefully you can find a theme/wallpaper you don't find so objectionable  under Wallpapers or "Theme packs".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos