Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slouch
Reel Rookie

Current Player Models with Ethernet and/or Composite for Standard Definition TV?

Jump to solution

Hello Community!

Are there any current players which have Ethernet ports and output for standard definition TV?

My mother has only SD TV's in the house and wired Internet, and she's looking to replace a "Roku 2 XS model 3100X" due to some menu glitches.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Current Player Models with Ethernet and/or Composite for Standard Definition TV?

Jump to solution

Hardwired Ethernet: ultra, streambar, streambar pro.  Some require you to buy a wired Ethernet to USB dongle, cost about $15 from Amazon or eBay, other posts on this site will explain what to look for.  My streambar is set up with one, just plug in and select wired connection.

No HDMI port is more tricky.  Need to buy a HDMI to composite converter, which will cost 30%-50% of the Roku device on top, and can be a bit hit and miss for working. Get from a retailer who has a good open box return policy.

That said, above will cost a significant % of a basic Roku TV, which would be a simpler solution.  Maybe a second hand Roku TV.

Not a Roku employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Current Player Models with Ethernet and/or Composite for Standard Definition TV?

Jump to solution

Hardwired Ethernet: ultra, streambar, streambar pro.  Some require you to buy a wired Ethernet to USB dongle, cost about $15 from Amazon or eBay, other posts on this site will explain what to look for.  My streambar is set up with one, just plug in and select wired connection.

No HDMI port is more tricky.  Need to buy a HDMI to composite converter, which will cost 30%-50% of the Roku device on top, and can be a bit hit and miss for working. Get from a retailer who has a good open box return policy.

That said, above will cost a significant % of a basic Roku TV, which would be a simpler solution.  Maybe a second hand Roku TV.

Not a Roku employee
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

So basically the answer is that there is no current Roku model with those features.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Slouch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, only the ethernet port is on some models, but not both features, without a bit of jury-rigging Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Slouch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, very helpful info!

0 Kudos