Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

Control4 issue with Roku since Saturday

Since Saturday my Control remote can’t control my Roku Ultra. As per this thread, I factory reset my Roku yesterday.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Roku-update-broke-API-integration-with-Contr...

It worked for a day and looks like Roku has pushed an auto update and it stopped working again.

Can someone recommend a fix?

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
cmrrwAV

Re: Control4 issue with Roku since Saturday

Broke RTI API integration control as well.   Did not happen to my own Roku, but we have many clients with same issue right now.   First one we did factory reset for yesterday, waiting to hear if it stays working before we do it to the rest.   Definitely a Roku issue that they need to address immediately, but I wont hold my breath.

0 Kudos
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

For me, Factory reset worked for a day and then went back to the same (assuming some backend update).

Need Roku to resolve this. 

thetechhipster
Reel Rookie

Same as above.  Factory reset worked for a bit but then there was a quiet update that broke it again.  I am trying to nail down when it actually happened and what is causing it. The linked post mentioned trying to find an IP to block.  I run pi-hole in my showroom and a lot of stuff with roku is already blocked but I noticed a few domains squeaking by.  Mainly configsvc.cs.roku.com.  Which stands out as a possible culprit that may have done a silent update from the factory reset.  I will factory reset again tonight and see if it dies again with that being blocked.

It's frustrating because this update is unknown to the user.  Roku shows that no update has been appliend since Jan so as far as a user is concerned, nothing changed.

C4User

Ditto here.  My issue started late last week.  Did the reset yesterday, got it working, then spent two fun filled hours re-registering all my services.  Today, no love.  My C4 guy was banging his head for hours on this.

Would at least be nice if they acknowledged the problem.

0 Kudos
Leemny

Same exact issue let me know if you hear any updates…

0 Kudos
anhack65

IR bug on the roku...it will at least give you control.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the post. I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

Hello @thetechhipster ,

Did this work?

Please let us know, doesn’t look like Roku is doing anything about it.

0 Kudos
thetechhipster
Reel Rookie

No luck yet.  configsvc.cs.roku.com wasn't the smoking gun.  Factory reset,  works, then not.  Blocking api.roku.com would but it kills pretty much everything (especially after the stupid re-registration after the factory reset)  I'm going to try navigation.sr.roku.com tonight which is another that squeeked through.

0 Kudos