Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant25748
Channel Surfer

Control optical only Samsung soundbar with Roku remote

I have a Samsung soundbar with only optical and I’m wondering how to set this up. The soundbar is ir no Bluetooth. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
KCM1

Re: Control optical only Samsung soundbar with Roku remote

MAYBE??? Unfortunately I have the same problem.  Maybe there's a solution not shown??

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Sound-bar-connected-via-optical-be-able-to-be-controlled-b...

0 Kudos
Todd4Hawks
Binge Watcher

Get this: I have a Samsung TV and Samsung 2.1 Soundbar connected with an Optical cable. I connected it 2 days ago and the Roku voice enabled remote was easily able to control the Soundbar volume, I just couldn't turn the Soundbar on and off with the remote control. Now, on day 3, it suddenly stopped working. I start doing some research here on the forums and apparently I am seeing that it is not supposed to be able to control a soundbar without HDMI Arc? Then WHY WAS IT WORKING FOR 2 FULL DAYS??? What changed and how can I go back? Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KCM1 @Todd4Hawks,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having difficulty connecting the soundbar through the Roku remote. Please be advised that the Roku remote does not support control over third-party devices.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Todd4Hawks
Binge Watcher

Thanks John, but it was working, then stopped working. Also, I have a Roku remote has been controlling my Pioneer Elite Receiver's volume in a different room for over a year now. Sooo... something isn't adding up. Oh well I guess. 

0 Kudos