Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kondejko
Reel Rookie

Closed captioning missing/incorrect words and letters

The hearing impaired and deaf communities should be outraged for the blatant disregard’s of Quality that ROKU Cc is providing. Cc has always been poor in regards to what’s being said on screen to what’s being typed. But Now  there are missing letters and completely incorrect context of what’s being said on screen. If Ai is doing this it needs to fired. If it is human error it needs to be fired. ROKU appears to not value its DISABLED customers. There appears to be No quality control for the systems it uses in closed captioning. 
Reseting does not correct the problem and there’s no place to get support @roku.   

Kandice Ondejko 
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed captioning missing/incorrect words and letters

Hi @Kondejko,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the closed captioning. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem? Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IvyOpal

Both autistic family members can't enjoy tv with us this holiday because Roku's closed captions aren't even coming up for us. I tried every suggestion on system restarting, etc., and nothing works. I have it set to "Always ON" so it seems to be Roku's failure. 

We can't even get closed captions to work while watching shows on THE ROKU CHANNEL. Is there a human working on Accessibility options for Roku??

Kondejko
Reel Rookie

No pictures
It happens on every thing ROKU. INSTEAD of trying to just fix mine please try the whole of Roku. Examine your systems algorithm, quality control and any human not outsourced by AI. Closed captioning has ALWAYS BE POOR  even with new system devices. I’ve been a long time Roku user. Value your disabled customers as much as you value your bottom line. There are plenty of other devices out there now that can replace the use of Roku. And please do not tell me to upgrade by purchasing a new device. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IvyOpal,

Thank you for keeping us updated with the details!

We will be more than happy to investigate further. May we know what specific movie title you are experiencing this issue with as a reference? Kindly send us a photo of your running issue too.

In the meantime, please try these steps and see if it will fix the issue:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store or Search and add the channel again.

We will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bambam3

My misspellings are happening on your live TV so you cannot pause it to get a picture of the words that are being misspelled. The TV just said the word dead and it spelled it da

0 Kudos
Bambam3

TV just said "the skill" but it spelled it like this "thekill

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Bambam3!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be happy to look closely at the misspelled captions you are seeing on your Live TV streaming.

Kindly provide us with the following details below for us to assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• Which specific channel have you observed this?
  • Does this happen to all of the live-streaming channels you were streaming?
  • Does this also happen to on-demand shows?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos