Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Class Action Suit - Because You Watched

Jump to solution

RGP2

‎12-13-2022 01:54 PM
Re: Because You Watched... You might like...

I am not sure that this issue is being recognized.  There are a lot of potential problems with this feature.  I do not like everything I watch being widely broadcast to anyone that turns on my tv.   I would like control over whether my watch history is used to push other titles.  At least this should be an optional feature, not something uncontrollable.  Also, are there any parental controls to limit what is suggested?  I'm not happy.

It appears this is not a new issue. Do you have a timeline on when this major issue will be addressed?

Regards,

PipeDreamer2

SSS1999

Jump to solution

Yes, could you please disable the "Because you watched" feature on the Roku channel. It's embarrassing when my adult children turns on the TV, and they can see the type of movies I've been watching. Plz help!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand you are struggling with the "Because you watched" section. Please be advised that the option to remove recommendations from the Because You Watched section within The Roku Channel is currently unavailable.

We will provide the relevant personnel with your insightful input. Please contact us if you have any more questions or comments.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku is evidently tone deaf

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I can't believe anyone thinks this is such a critical issue it might merit a class action suit. Come on people, this really doesn't rise to any level of importance. I don't even know where you are seeing this information. There's a setting under Settings/Home Page to hide recommendations. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
JP12345

Jump to solution

No, as clearly stated and as clearly ignored by Roku, we are referring to the movie suggestions "because you watched xyz movie".

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's a feature built into The Roku Channel, not the Roku device. Considering TRC is free to use, any complaint about a class action should be laughed out of any law office. No one has been "harmed" by the inclusion of this feature. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
juvecourt

Jump to solution

I also would like control over this feature. I don't want my viewing history tracked nor do I want Roku suggestions. I should be able to delete viewing history.

Jessij214

Jump to solution

Yes I've had the same issue with not being able to delete the previous because you watched and it is definitely not a great thing when you have children in the house and there is only one TV in the home

0 Kudos