Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chasdoty

Class Action Suit - Because You Watched

Jump to solution

Roku has been unresponsive for several months regarding complaints about user inability to delete viewing history which is displayed in the "Because you watched" category of suggestions.

Roku has not even added this as an issue to their Issue Tracking Board.  Based on the posted history of non-responsive responses to complaints about this, it is doubtful that Roku will even see this post.

I am seeking legal counsel to pursue this matter and would like to know how many Roku users have been affected by this issue.

Please reply to this post and indicate your interest and we will get this going.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Class Action Suit - Because You Watched

Jump to solution

Hi there! If referring to "Continue Watching" on the Roku home screen, you can press * to remove the option from your "Continue Watching" row. When this feature is fully launched, an option to turn it off completely will be available.

If you see this and want to disable it, send me a PM here, and we can help directly. Keep in mind some channels, like Netflix, will prompt you with other content available, but this would be on the partner side and you'd want to reach out to the channel partner for help.

If you're referring to a different feature, let us know.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there! If referring to "Continue Watching" on the Roku home screen, you can press * to remove the option from your "Continue Watching" row. When this feature is fully launched, an option to turn it off completely will be available.

If you see this and want to disable it, send me a PM here, and we can help directly. Keep in mind some channels, like Netflix, will prompt you with other content available, but this would be on the partner side and you'd want to reach out to the channel partner for help.

If you're referring to a different feature, let us know.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
rayagreen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having this problem.  It's incredible that this isn't a top priority issue for Roku to fix 

0 Kudos
PipeDreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why would you change the topic to a totally different issue?

We want to delete, omit or hide the recommended "BECAUSE YOU WATCHED" from the home screen.

Simple request.

No KUDOS. No buying additional ROKU products or devises if this is how concerns are addressed.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PipeDreamer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Have you tried the steps provided by @RokuAustin above to see if it will turn off the Because You Watched or Continue Watching feature on Roku?

Please give it a try and let us know if it works.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PipeDreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

RE: RokuEuniceL

Why yes I have. The "BECAUSE YOU WATCHED" gives me the options to add to save list or close.

The "RECENTLY WATCHED" will give me the option to remove, but as I would hope by now you people understand, that is not the issue.

Please Advise as I see it has been an issue for going on a YEAR, and we're still talking about " RECENTLY WATCHED"?

PipeDreamer

0 Kudos
PipeDreamer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yesterday

RE: RokuEuniceL

CORRECTED

Why yes I have. The "BECAUSE YOU WATCHED" gives me the options to add to save list or close.

The "CONTINUE WATCHING" will give me the option to remove, but as I would hope by now you people understand, that is not the issue.

Please Advise as I see it has been an issue for going on a YEAR, and we're still talking about " CONTINUE WATCHING"?

PipeDreamer

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PipeDreamer,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We appreciate you providing your thoughts, and we value your feedback. Can you please elaborate on the issue that you are referring to?

We'll be waiting for your response.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

roku 1.jpg

0 Kudos