Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BowlingDad
Reel Rookie

Changed networks issues Roku and Youtube TV

I recently had to get a new network router and when I installed and entered the info into Roku, I can no longer cast videos from my laptop to TV using youtube.  Also to sign into youtube TV, it no longer reads my youtube TV app on my phone and connect.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Changed networks issues Roku and Youtube TV

Hi, @BowlingDad

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to gather more information for us to understand the issue better. What specific Roku device you are having issues with? Also, is the Roku device connected to the same network as your laptop when trying to enable the casting feature? Also, what steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BowlingDad
Reel Rookie

Re: Changed networks issues Roku and Youtube TV

I think I solved the signing into YouTube TV.  I will know the next time they sign me out.

As far as casting, I am not going to worry about it.  I can cast from my phone, and I do not do it much.

I basically rebooted everything, and I found a setting on the new Spectrum router that enables all devices on my network to talk to each other   

Thanks for replying

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.