Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t1krz
Reel Rookie

Casting/Screen mirroring from android phone to TV

Hello,

My LG stylus 4 android cell phone does not have built in casting/screen mirroring like some of my other devices so what app is needed to connect to the Roku TV system or firestick?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Casting/Screen mirroring from android phone to TV

@t1krz 

For casting streaming web content and displaying images and files from my phone, I use Web Video Caster.

You install the app/apk on your phone/mobile device (available in Play/Apple Stores) and then the companion receiver Channel/app on your Roku device.  (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd37e6d096d3197a9578787890118e33/web-video-caster-receiver).

Free version works great if you don't mind an occasional ad on the phone itself (not in the content on screen).  Otherwise, one time purchase of 3 or 4 dollars).

The above is how I cast wirelessly with my Android.  There are other casting apps available, but I have found this works best for me.  You may want to search for a few in your phone's app store and see if you prefer another.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

t1krz
Reel Rookie

Re: Casting/Screen mirroring from android phone to TV

Ok so I can't get web caster to work either BUT I'm trying to mirror my chrome browser so guessing that's why?

If so does anyone have an app that will screencast/mirror that from the phone?

Thanks

0 Kudos