Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Captions "Always On" is NOT working for the past week

Hey Roku can you do something about the caption "Always On" NOT working for the past week.  On multiple apps -particularily Max- we have to select "Always On" everytime we start a new tv show episode, tv show or movie.  EVERY TIME!!! Yes I have the latest update, Yes I checked for updates, Yes I've restarted my Roku Express 4K+(both of them) & we still have to keep turning the thing on.  Please fix - it's obvious it's a Roku issue when a lot of the apps are having the problem.  It started about a week ago if that helps any.  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Captions "Always On" is NOT working for the past week

Thanks for keeping us posted, @dragonboots2005!

We want to take a closer look at your issue with the "Always On" feature in Captions.

Please share the following information with us so we can provide better assistance.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We look forward to hearing from you and provide any assistance possible.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

model 3941RW2 Express 4K+

Serial# X02200D1NXTH

Device ID S0HCK331NXTH

software version 12.5.5

I don't see anything anywhere that starts with 'OS'

Max app version 56.5 build 0

GC version 11.2.23

ID TH-154-027

"always on" is automatically turned off on Max with every tv show episode or movie change for about the past 10 days.  Happens off & on with Peacock too

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It does it with Paramount+ also.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @dragonboots2005!

We highly appreciate you providing us with the precise details we requested! We assure you that your information will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding as we work on this. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos