Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBerg

Can't remove show from home screen continue watching

I have two shows ("Paranormal Survivor" and a free episode of "My Family's Deadly Secret" on ID/Discover+) that I cannot delete from my Continue Watching list using the * function. Although * is active, when I click it all that happens is that the selection flickers once. I logged into my Roku account, and there are no active subscriptions there.

"Paranormal Survivor" refuses to acknowledge that I have watched the whole episode to the end of the credits. No matter how many times I run the episode to the end, the program insists that I am still only halfway through watching. Going on to the second episode means paying for the service.

"My Family's Deadly Secret" won't let me finish what WAS a free episode when I started watching it without paying, so I can't delete that one, either.

Having to pay to remove these selections from my Continue Watching list is coercion. Leaving them there creates a risk that someone else will see them there and decide to watch them on the assumption that I've paid for them (or intend to do so--which I don't).

This cannot be legal, and if it is, then these "services" are nothing but corporate ambushes. Could someone please fix this glitch or block these "free episodes" from the Continue Watching list?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can't remove show from home screen continue watching

Try using the Roku phone app to remove the problem shows.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't remove show from home screen continue watching

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @MBerg!

We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue, and we would like to gather more information. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator