Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmuttis
Channel Surfer

Can't mirror Windows 10 to Roku TV model 7121X

I'm trying to mirror my Windows 10 screen to my Roku TV model 7121X

I have the Roku TV turned on and always allow mirroring is selected.

On my Windows 10 PC, I open the action center and click connect. The Roku TV never shows up in the available devices. Is there something else I need to do on the TV to permit mirroring?

The "connect" is working on the Windows 10 PC because it does see my Roku Streaming Stick+ and a Samsung TV. It just never sees the Roku TV.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
MsAntipodes1
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't mirror Windows 10 to Roku TV model 7121X

It seems to be a major problem - I gave up after wasting so much time and effort and purchased a Chromecast which works perfectly.
See-

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Re-How-to-fix-screen-mirroring-not-working-with-my-Roku-de...

0 Kudos
schmuttis
Channel Surfer

First off I should say I did learn something today that may help other people trying to connect a pc to their Roku devices. If the windows pc does not have wifi turned on, it won't see any devices. Of course this makes no sense to me at all since both of my tvs are wired. I turn off wifi and the windows pc never finds anything. I turn it back on and it discovers the roku stick and samsung tv - just no Roku TV. If I choose the samsung TV as the connection, the windows screen is mirrored on that TV. So everything is working other than the Roku TV discovery.

I changed mirroring to prompt on the Roku TV and it had no effect. The TV is still not discovered by the Windows PC.

schmuttis
Channel Surfer

I tried to connect to the Roku TV from another windows 10 pc and had the same result - the Roku TV was never discovered.

I then tired to connect via Windows 11 and things got even worse - neither Roku device was discovered but the Samsung TV was. I went through all of the suggested fixes here: https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/roku-screen-mirroring-not-working.html but no joy.

Even worse...I was mirroring fine to my Roku TV for a couple of weeks after I bought it, when suddenly, it stopped being discovered by Windows. Another Roku TV in my bedroom is still seen by Windows. Apparently, Windows has selective vision.

0 Kudos