Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuttybaker

Can't get my dvd to be visible or any of the hdmi and avi spots to show on my roku epress+.

Jump to solution

I bought a roku express+ some time ago. When we set it up, there were no external devices to add to it so we skipped that step.  I now put a dvd on the tv and I can get it to show on the home page. Infact none of the hdmi slots or the avi shows on the dashboard.  If I want to use my dvd player I have to manually change the tv settings to show that spot. I am thinking I may have to do a factory reset and re-install it to the tv like a new device.  Any suggestions? I really don't want to go that route if I don't have to. I am sort of afraid of screwing it up.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get my dvd to be visible or any of the hdmi and avi spots to show on my roku epress+.

Jump to solution

@nuttybaker 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What you are seeing is expected behavior as the Roku Express will not show or control other inputs into your TV on the Roku Home screen, like a Roku TV would. If you need to change the input to see your DVD player, you will need to do so with your TV remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get my dvd to be visible or any of the hdmi and avi spots to show on my roku epress+.

Jump to solution

@nuttybaker 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What you are seeing is expected behavior as the Roku Express will not show or control other inputs into your TV on the Roku Home screen, like a Roku TV would. If you need to change the input to see your DVD player, you will need to do so with your TV remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Debra3

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV and can’t get visual on a DVD player either.  I have been waiting over 20 minutes for a Roku rep to pick up on a chat thread I started.  This should be a simple hook up

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Debra3 

After you plug in the DVD player into the HDMI port, you may need to go to Settings/TV Inputs and enable the corresponding HDMI input. (hidden/unused until you enable it).

You should then see the HDMI Input on your Screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos