Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Can a Roku Ultra initiate TV sleep through HDMI-CEC?

Jump to solution

I love being able to buy any TV I want and then putting a Roku Ultra on them for a standardized interface.  The only problem is the lack of a sleep timer function.

Is it possible to initiate a Samsung TV sleep timer with the Roku remote through HDMI-CEC? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can a Roku Ultra initiate TV sleep through HDMI-CEC?

Jump to solution

CEC functionality is limited with Roku players. The only control it can provide on the TV is changing the input to the one used by the Roku, changing the volume, and powering the TV off/on. It cannot access any of the menu items on the Samsung itself, so the only way to set the sleep timer on the TV is with the TV remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can a Roku Ultra initiate TV sleep through HDMI-CEC?

Jump to solution

CEC functionality is limited with Roku players. The only control it can provide on the TV is changing the input to the one used by the Roku, changing the volume, and powering the TV off/on. It cannot access any of the menu items on the Samsung itself, so the only way to set the sleep timer on the TV is with the TV remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.